Membership for the 2017-2018 Inaugural Year
Embark Center for Self-Directed Learning receives no public funding or private grant funding at this time. Our program exists because of membership fees and private donations. However, we are committed to making our program economically diverse and available to youth and families regardless of their ability to pay full membership fees.
- Personal advisory relationship with Embark Center core staff member
- Minimum of three family meetings per year with personal advisor, more upon request
- Development of a family homeschooling plan and a personal life plan
- Group classes and workshops at Embark Center
- One-on-one tutorials with Embark Center staff.
- Use of Embark Center during open hours for socializing and study
- Invitations to all trips and special workshops sponsored by Embark Center
- Support to design and complete private academic and/or non-academic projects
- Support to find volunteer work, jobs, and internships outside of Embark Center
- Support to find classes and activities outside of Embark Center
- Long-term support for alumni and families, including university admissions
Full-Time Membership (3-4 days per week): $12,600
Part-Time Membership (2 days per week): $9,200
Limited Membership (1 day per week): $4,900
(Membership fees will be prorated for those joining our program mid-year.)
The application process typically begins with an email or phone conversation. We can answer your initial questions about Embark and find a time for an in-person chat—with just the parents first, if desired, but ideally including the teen. If the family and teen feel that Embark is a good fit, the next step is to fill out our member application.
If space is available at Embark, and we feel we can be helpful, we will schedule a family meeting to go over membership paperwork, answer any additional questions and to finalize financial details. If Embark is currently full, your family can be added to Embark’s waiting list.
If you’re interested or would like more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-966-7622. We look forward to working with you!